Co-founder & Managing Partner of CSW Solutions
How to Change a Cloud-Managed Services Provider
Changing a provider is never easy. A cloud-managed service provider seems even more daunting because making that choice could be critical for your business and most importantly, your data. The right cloud-managed service provider would mean that you can sit back and relax, knowing that your cloud infrastructure is in good hands.
The wrong choice could lead to loss of data, delays, and long response times. At a time when connectivity is vital to success, many businesses are reluctant to switch because putting up with mediocrity seems more acceptable than the risk of disruption. But that is no way to get ahead and there is an easy way to get the best service with the right provider for your organization.
The following factors are necessary to consider when considering this change:
- Contract issues - Some businesses might know they have a contract but not the details of their terms. There are often hidden commitments or obligations involved that could end up costing you in the long run.
- Backups - Do you know who owns your business backups? How are they configured, scheduled, and how can they be extracted?
- Cloud Licensing - Is your cloud provider is also your cloud reseller or you are purchasing directly from the cloud platform owner (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)?
Here at CSW Solutions, we provide complete transparency that includes where and how is backups are stored, the monthly cloud usage, and licensing options.
What to ask when changing a cloud managed services provider
You have decided to switch providers. No matter the reason, switching to a new cloud managed services provider will require a provider that will adapt to your current business and be able to scale with you as your business grows.
Here are some important questions to ask your new cloud managed services provider:
- What type of services do you offer?
There is no one-size-fits-all approach for cloud-managed services. It is imperative to know the scope of services available to you.
- What is your response time? Is it guaranteed?
When your cloud infrastructure is not operational, every minute feels like an hour. The exact level of support with a guaranteed speed of recovery is critical to performance and serviceability.
- Will my business have a dedicated account manager?
A dedicated account manager is essential to your peace of mind. You want to know there is one person who knows you and your team with your service as their top priority. There's nothing worse than going through the same motions with a different account manager every time you need help.
- Are your cloud engineers certified?
Every cloud infrastructure is complicated and services are constantly improving and growing. That means ongoing education is an integral part of the process. Certification means your provider has the right qualifications and the best resources for your infrastructure.
- How will I be charged and how can I pay?
This is where transparency can be important too. Know what you're paying for and how your services can or will be charged and by whom.
- What is not covered under the contract?
A support contract is where expectations are set in stone and guidelines for support are laid out for review. Make sure to read between the lines because what isn't there is just as important as what is there.
CSW Solutions Approach to Bringing on a New Customer
CSW Solutions understands that changing your cloud managed services provider is not easy and we make the process as simple as possible. Our hands-on approach to new customers reflects a level of service that truly makes all the difference. When you switch to CSW Solutions as your cloud managed service provider, we guarantee that we will provide the following:
- Identify your needs: CSW Solutions' complimentary Discovery process lays the groundwork by identifying your unique digital footprint.
- Documentation: We'll do the dirty work and talk to your ex. Any necessary documentation your provider has will be retrieved for reference and development for your transition.
- Plan the Transition: After our Discovery process, we will schedule a transition kick-off call to introduce the members of your team and review the cloud documentation and support tools. You will meet and get to know the only people who will see and work with your data.
- Implementation: When all the pieces of your transition are in place, we set a cut-off date and follow-through to completion. By this time, you'll know your team and their favorite IPAs.
- Follow-up: The final step is to ensure that you are happy with our service. After 30 days, we will contact you for a review with your dedicated account manager to discuss the transition and answer any questions you have.
If you are getting slow or even unresponsive service or lack of knowledge and expertise related to the Azure cloud, it may be time to change your cloud managed services provider. We will be happy to bring you on board while making the transition as smooth and personable as possible! Drop us a line at 312-263-7704 or contact us for your journey to a better cloud experience.